Monday, November 12, 2012

Character's Self-Description

Tuesday, March 14.  6:13 AM
Why did my reflection catch my attention today, of all days? I've walked past this floor length mirror everyday, multiple times a day at that. I guess what matters is that I noticed myself today.  I'm thirty-eight.  To think, twenty years ago, I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed; there was no hint of the slight crow's feet in the corners of my eyes and I didn't have these bags under my eyes, even though I slept less than I do now.  Those eyes sparkled at one point, right? That's what Janie had said so back when we were dating.  I ran my fingers through my wet hair.  Where did these grey hairs come from? I liked my hair.  I feel so much older than I look.  I run every night after work... but I still don't feel like I'm in shape. My mouth is boring and indifferent. There' no point in staring at myself, I have to get downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment